ASSEMBLY HALL RENTAL CONTRACT
Name of Renter:_________________________________ Today's date:____________
Address of Renter:_________________________________________________________
Phone Number(s): _________________________________________________________
Date Requested: __________________________ Hours Requested:_____________
Statement regarding nature of rental:_____________________________________
AGREEMENT ON RULES, REGULATIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES
The undersigned agrees to enforce the no-smoking policy and to prohibit drinking alcohol in or on the property being rented. The undersigned agrees to prohibit any actions that may damage the facility being rented or the equipment therein.
The undersigned is responsible for the care and supervision of the facility and accepts the liability of any accidents or property damage during the time the facility is being rented.
The undersigned agrees to pay a damage/security deposit AT LEAST 72 HOURS PRIOR TO RENTAL DATE. FAILURE TO PAY SECURITY DEPOSIT 72 HOURS PRIOR TO SCHEDULED RENTAL WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF PREPAID RENTAL FEE.
** THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THAT NO REFUND WILL BE MADE WITH LESS THAN 72 HOURS NOTICE OF CANCELLATION BY THE RENTER.
If the terms listed in this agreement are not met, the Town of New Whiteland can cancel the agreement.
The undersigned will be charged $10.00 for leaving the door unlocked.
The thermostat is preset by maintenance and will remain as set.
**If you are using the building during office hours or Tuesday evenings, you must park in the rear parking lot.
Facility key is to be picked up and returned at the New Whiteland Police Station located at 300 Tracy Road. **RENTAL TIME WILL BEGIN AT THE TIME THE KEY IS SIGNED OUT. THE TIME WILL END WHEN THE KEY IS RETURNED AND SIGNED BACK IN, NO EXCEPTIONS. The Police Department employees are only responsible for dispensing facility keys. They are not a paying agent. Time beyond the scheduled rental hours will be billed and withheld from the deposit refund.
Failure to comply with ALL posted cleaning requirements will result in forfeiture of ENTIRE deposit.
All questions and complaints must be addressed in a Town Council meeting.
Signed:_________________________________________ Date: ____________________
Rental Fee: ________________ Date paid:______________ Receipt # ___________
Damage Deposit____________Date paid:______________ Receipt # ___________
Deposit refund status:
Refund check will be mailed to the above address you listed.
**********POLICE DEPARTMENT ONLY*************
____________________________ ________ ________ ______________________
Signature of person receiving key Date Time Dispatcher
__________________________________ __________ __________ __________________________
Person returning the key Date Time Dispatcher
PLEASE FAX BACK TO THE TOWN HALL AT 535-7889 - THANK YOU !
FACILITY HOURS: 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
New Whiteland Residents:
$30.00 for 2 hours of use and $15.00 for each additional hour.
$60.00 for 2 hours of use and $20.00 for each additional hour.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT: a $100.00 security deposit is required 72 hours prior to the rental date. The deposit is receipted in and then deposited into the town checking account.
DEPOSIT REFUND: After inspection of the Assembly Hall and time verification has been completed, the $100.00 damage deposit, minus penalties for extra rental time and/or damage charges, will be refunded. The refund will be issued in check form and will be available the Wednesday following the Council meeting on the first or third Tuesday of each month.
The rental time starts when the building key is picked up at the New Whiteland Police Department located at 300 Tracy Road. The time ends when the key is returned. Time will be recorded by the dispatcher and verified by the renters signature.
Rental of the Assembly Hall is on a first come, first serve basis, therefore the rental fee must be paid in order to reserve the room. The damage deposit must be posted 72 hours prior to the scheduled date of rental. FAILURE TO POST THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT OR TO CANCEL WITHIN 72 HOURS OF SCHEDULED DATE OF RENTAL - WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF RENTAL FEE.
* No alcohol or smoking is allowed in the building. Complaints during rental usage will be handled by the New Whiteland Police Department.
* Failure to secure the building will result in a $10.00 penalty. All doors must be locked when you leave. Any damage due to unlocked doors will also be the renters responsibility.
Public Works and Town Administration will work together to assess damage penalties and/or penalties for lack of cleaning.
Temperatures are preset and are not adjustable by the renter.
If interested in renting the Assembly Hall, please call the New Whiteland Town Hall at 535-9487.
1. Wipe off all table and chairs that you used.
2. Sweep the carpet. Sweeper can be found in the utility closet at the north end of the room, along with a broom. Clean up any spills.
3. Put up any chairs that weren't already out. Put tables back where they were and place 4 chairs to each table.
4. Empty all trash into the outside dumpster, located on the east side of the building, in the parking lot. Don't worry about putting a replacement trash bag in the container, a town employee will do that.
5. Make sure restroom and kitchen are clean. Wipe down inside of refrigerator and microwave if you used them.
6. Be sure that all doors are locked before returning the key to the police station.
Failure to lock the doors will result in a $10.00 fee. Failure to return key at the designated time will result in additional charges.
7. Failure to complete ALL clean-up requirements will result in the forfeiture of ALL of your damage deposit. Any damage to town property or equipment will also result in the forfeiture of the entire damage deposit.
8. Smoking and/or alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in this building. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on town property.